IV 2024 Tutorials Call for Proposals
Tutorials Chair: Kuk-Jin Yoon (email@example.com)
Proposal Deadline: November 15, 2023
Notification by: November 22, 2023
Submission link: Please send your proposal document to firstname.lastname@example.org and prefix your email subject with [IV 2024 Tutorial Proposal].
We invite you to submit proposals for short courses and tutorials to be presented at the 2024 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV 2024). The tutorials and courses will be scheduled ahead of the main conference.
IV tutorials and short courses should be designed to provide a comprehensive insight into a specific area linked closely to intelligent vehicles. An effective tutorial should be instructional and delve beyond a superficial exploration of the topic. We expect the chosen topic to be pertinent and significant enough to generate substantial interest within the IV community. The intended audience for these tutorials typically includes graduate students as well as researchers and practitioners from both academic and industrial backgrounds. We welcome proposals for both half-day and full-day courses.
Required Proposal Information
- Duration: half day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours)
- Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and mailing address), and short bio for each presenter.
- Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
- Expected audience: Include the background of audience and expected number of attendees.
- Recent publications: List recent publications related to the tutorial topic from the speakers in the past 3 years.
- Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
- Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given, and if and how it will be modified for IEEE IV 2021 – 2023 If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to tutorial participants) is available that can aid in assessing the proposal and enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Tutorial Committee using the following criteria:
- Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in 2024 and relevance to IEEE IV
- Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers
- Spectrum of the proposal: Topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or practicing engineers.
- Accessibility of presentation material: Presentation can be understood by the broad IEEE IV audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers, and professors.
Please submit your proposal with the requested information as a single .pdf file via email to the following email address: (email@example.com)
- Tutorial Proposal Deadline: November 15, 2023
- Tutorial Proposal Acceptance Notification: November 22, 2023
Organizers Responsibilities After Proposal Acceptance
In submitting a proposal, tutorial organizers are committing to identifying and inviting authors, following the deadlines to ensure timely submissions and timely publication, and assigning necessary associate editors/reviewers in advance of the submission deadlines. Furthermore, they will provide a link to the tutorial website to refer to in the call for papers.
For any inquiries concerning IV 2024 tutorials, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org