As Associate Editor you are asked to manage the review of 3-5 papers, and to collect at least 3 independent reviews for each paper.
The papers assigned to you are already available it the system, please proceed to check for potential conflicts of interest or papers that you do not feel comfortable handling at: https://its.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl and click enter in “Associate Editor for Contributed Papers”.
In order to ensure a fair review process in accordance with IEEE-ITSS standards, Associate Editors must verify that the following premises are met:
- Acting as an Associate Editor (AE) is a very important role for the IEEE-ITSS congresses, the scientific quality of congress depends on their engaged performance. That is why it is expected that they will be dedicated and professional in the performance of their duties.
- The reviews received must be properly documented and justified (with special relevance to those that are negative). If a review is received and is not properly justified, it is the task of the associated editor to ask the reviewer for clarification or to seek a new review.
- AEs should be familiar with the paper, and should not make a final decision without a documented judgment of the paper.
- AEs should remember the IEEE’s policy with respect to no unilateral decisions. This means that decisions made must be supported by at least two reviewers, including the AE.
- AEs, either when assigning reviewers, or with respect to their assigned papers, must ensure that there is no conflict of interest that would compromise the impartiality of the review.